It’s Grass will start by eradicating any weeds and undesirable grass species, improving the soil (if necessary), ensuring adequate drainage and improving nutrient availability.
Our normal process:
- Assess site’s soil condition, aspect, existing issues and access to determine the inputs and next steps.
- Deal with weed issues by spraying and/or excavating or turf cutting the top layer and removing it from the site. Rotary hoeing or scarifying the soil may also be necessary to break up hard pan soil and allow for recontouring. Note that spraying is cheaper but will generally take longer as we have to wait for the weeds to die, whereas excavation or turf-cutting can usually be done in a day.
- Supplying and installing premium organic and weed-free turfmix or good quality screened topsoil (which may not be weed-free), depending on budget.
- Preparing for seeding or turf laying by lightly compacting soil and then screeding and levelling for the correct hight and contour.
- Selecting the correct seed type to suit the aspect, conditions and site usage.
- Determining the optimum installation process.